Friday, December 30, 2011

Life just can stay still for us, can it?

We have just found out that our new apartment has mold! Whoo hoo!

The things we get to change again:

  1. Address
  2. Cox Cable Services
  3. All Our Junk Moving
  4. ...
Not that bad, when you list it out. But a lot can rest on an address, such as DL, Bills, Contact Information... the list goes on and on. We'll keep you updated as we know more, but for now we are getting out.

The past few days in review:

Went to Memphis, TN on Day 1 of our journey to return the Bandago Van. Rained cats & dogs, though it never did get heavy enough to make us stop and pull over.

Continued to Nashville, TN on Day 2 of our journey to return the Bandago Van. The rain did clear up, however Mom wasn't too happy driving a Ford Explorer around in circles while we worked on finding the Bandago office in the middle of parking lot heaven. Afterwards, we returned to Memphis and checked out what the Graceland complex looked like on the outside (pictures to come soon), and then turned in for the night.

Reached home at about 4.50p. Checked on the chinchillas ("ah man... the annoying humans are back again!" "but at least we're in a clean cage!..." or so they seemed to think). Notified the bank of our late new address (yet another thing screwed up) and ate at a restaurant called House of Hunan, which served up great Chinese food at a value and speed that can't be beat. Then we ran to Bible class where our membership was made known to the congregation at Seminole Pointe.

We made our late apartment more friendly. Installed Cox Services (Cable TV, Internet, Phone), had people in to inspect the cracked tub (the least of our worries now, but) and went shopping for things that we needed (microwave, wifi router, groceries, shower curtains, etc.). We also received our Toyota Highlander from the shippers that day.

Spent a good three hours on the phone with Netgear to make their router work. It never did, so we returned it and said good riddance. Meanwhile, Mom and Sis worked on cleaning, opening, and unpacking (bad move, we know now). Then in the afternoon, we picked up a replacement wifi router, got Mom, Dad, and the car registered in Oklahoma, then discovered from our upstairs neighbor that there is mold in the walls from a flood back in the beginning of the year. Yay! (heavy sarcasm)

That's about it for now. I'll try to keep you updated on an biweekly basis, but no promises.

Until the next post,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy hearing feedback. You can leave a note here.